But now that seasons are changing, certain things need to be done in order to ensure your fern will continue to flourish during the cooler months.
- When relocating your fern indoors, make sure to place it near a window where it can get a minimum of four hours of sunlight daily. At the same time, don’t place it too close to a direct source of heat.
- Fertilize at least once a month, though you may need to fertilize twice a month if the fern seems to be going through a growth spurt.
- Raise the humidity level by installing a cool mist humidifier in the same room. If that’s not possible, spray the fern several times daily with tepid water.
- Take care not to over water. The soil needs to be kept moist but with no standing water on top of the soil.
- Reduce the heat at night. These ferns need a period of cooler temperatures in order to thrive.