Nothing makes a home feel more welcoming than a well maintained Kimberly Queen Fern. They are so elegant and rich looking! Plus the health benefits to having interior ferns are well documented.
But now that seasons are changing, certain things need to be done in order to ensure your fern will continue to flourish during the cooler months.
- When relocating your fern indoors, make sure to place it near a window where it can get a minimum of four hours of sunlight daily. At the same time, don’t place it too close to a direct source of heat.
- Fertilize at least once a month, though you may need to fertilize twice a month if the fern seems to be going through a growth spurt.
- Raise the humidity level by installing a cool mist humidifier in the same room. If that’s not possible, spray the fern several times daily with tepid water.
- Take care not to over water. The soil needs to be kept moist but with no standing water on top of the soil.
- Reduce the heat at night. These ferns need a period of cooler temperatures in order to thrive.
Need more information? Contact us at Marvin Gardens for all your garden care needs.