Summer is upon us, bringing beautiful weather to New England. Why not take advantage of the warmer temperatures to create a garden tea party with friends? Here are some ideas to inspire you:
- Light afternoon tea: This easy to plan idea takes little effort on your part, as all you will need is traditional English tea and a few light snacks. Let the flowers in your garden provide the decoration.
- The fancy tea party: Adorn a small table with bouquets, floral napkins, tiered cake stands, and vintage china for an intimate gathering.
- Signature drinks: Use crystal glasses that will sparkle in the sunlight to serve a beverage such as Arnold Palmers. Glasses do not need to match; flea market goblets are a perfect way to add to the charm of the event.
- High tea: Host a high tea offering guests a four to five course meal along with a range of teas and condiments.
- Mix matched teacups: Gather a selection of vintage teacups and teapots and let everyone have fun choosing theirs.
- Themed tea time: Choose a fun tea-related theme, like Alice in Wonderland, and have guests dress the part.
Stop by Marvin Gardens to take a look at our collection of garden accessories to inspire your tea party this summer.